All Items must be cooked according to KCBS Rules (Kansas City Barbecue Society), this means that PROPANE and ELECTRIC COOKERS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
You must use either a charcoal, wood or pellet cooker (Examples are Webbers, Big Green Egg, Komados, Primo etc.. All teams must turn in (6), individual portions of each food category per box, and pork rib turn-in must be placed in a 9” x 9” clam shell provided by us. Anything Butt may be turned-in on your plate/platter or in one of our clam shells. Size of plates is limited to D18” x L24” x H18”. Teams will be allowed entry to venue beginning
Sunday morning at 6 am. Please have meat ready for inspection at this time. Each team must have an e-z up for cover while working and preparing all foods, and a complete hand washing station. Teams will have a (5) minute window before and after the actual turn in time to bring turn in to judges tent.
Competition Officials will have final decision whether food turned in is fully cooked and eatable, or will be D Qued. Mandatory cooks meeting will be held prior to event on January 2, 2013 6 p.m. @ Hampton Inn Lake Havasu. Teams will only be able to cook in this division until they have won twice, and may not use cooks associated with any known Pro Comp Team. Once a Backyard team wins twice in this division, they must move up to the Pro Comp division to
continue cooking at this event.
TO WIN THE “BACKYARD DIVISION” YOU MUST COMPETE IN BOTH CATEGORIES !!!
Choose to fill out your application online or download the application and mail it in.
Download The Team Entry Form by clicking on the PDF image to the left. Or right click and "Save Target As" Fill out the application and send it in.
To sign up online click on the Event highlighted below.
LAKE HAVASU BACKYARD "Q" TEAM ENTRY
As a condition of participation in the Lake Havasu Music Brews and BBQ AZ. State Championship,
Please read the agreement below in full, sign and send back to C & M Events, LLC.
1. This event is based on a first come basis. However C & M Events, LLC. reserves the final right of refusal to any and all teams.
2. There is no “Rain Delay” schedule for this event, and if required the event may be canceled in whole or in part by C & M Events, LLC
without prior notice. There will be no cash refunds.
3. I agree to follow all guidelines of the Mohave County Health Dept. for food handling and service as included in the Guidelines, including
setting up and use of a hand-wash station. No pets permitted in the food booth or cooking areas.
4. No alcoholic beverages or food samples will be sold or distributed by anyone other than C & M Events, LLC. No flammable items or
hazardous materials. Weapons, controlled substances or similar materials will not be permitted on the premises.
5. Teams shall continually police their area for safe and sanitary conditions. At the conclusion of the event, each team shall be responsible for
his/her own trash removal and shall restore the area to the condition upon arrival. I will remove my own trash from within my space/booth,
and dump in the nearest dumpster located on the event site.
6. Any teams using barrel cookers must elevate them enough that the grass or asphalt is not damaged in any way. AZ. State Parks Thanks you,
and requires this.
7. HOLD HARMLESS: In recognition that there may be some risk, injury or property damage in such an undertaking at the Havasu Music,
Brews & BBQ State Championship, the undersigned participant releases and hold harmless C & M Events LLC, any and all of its
members/officers, Arizona State Parks for any and all liability for injury or damages to any team members, or which may result from his/her
participation, or which may occur to third parties by the act(s) of the members, his/her employees or agents. No action will be asserted or
maintained against C & M Events, LLC and any or all of its members/officers and or sponsors including but not limited to Arizona State
Parks as a result of any occurrence in any way with the Lake Havasu Music Brews & BBQ Championship. Further the team members shall
defend any action so asserted or maintained arising out of any action taken by the team members. Further, I hereby grant full permission to
the Lake Havasu Music Brews and BBQ Championship organizers and/or agents authorized by them and to each of the entities and
individuals listed above, to use any photographs, videotapes, recordings, or any other record of the event for any legitimate purpose. In
addition, I agree to abide by all the rules of Lake Havasu Music Brews and BBQ Championship and the Kansas City Barbecue Society and
hereby assume full legal liability and responsibility for the behavior of myself and any of my team members or guests.
8. LIABILITY: As between the parties, each party shall be solely responsible for any and all liability arising from Personal Injury, including
death, or damage to property arising from the act or failure to act of the Respective Party or of its Officials, Agents and Employees pursuant
to this agreement.